THE ADMISSION PROCESS
The admission procedures have been designed to assist parents/guardians of prospective students with the admission process. We recommend you call for an appointment to schedule a time to meet with the admission counselor. This initial visit will include a tour of the school, interview with the students and parent/guardian and a review of the admission procedures. We aim to simplify the application procedure for our school as much as possible by providing the following step-by step checklist. Please give careful attention to the requirements for enrollment list below.
Step One Complete and return the following documents to the admissions office:
• Application with non-refundable $60 fee
• A copy of your child’s original birth certificate. Primer students must be age five; 1st grade students must be age six on or before September 1st.
• Permission to release records form approved by previous school
• A copy of his or her current grade report/transcript
• A copy of any scores from standardized tests taken
• A copy of the Individual Educational Plan (IEP), Behavior Intervention Plan (BIP), Dyslexia Ruling and Section 504 if applicable.
Step Two Our Admissions Office will acknowledge the receipt of your application and will contact you to schedule an assessment with our psychometrists.
Step Three Upon notification of acceptance, please come by the office to make payment
arrangements for enrollment fee and tuition.
Acceptance is dependent upon the following criteria:
• Submission of all documents mentioned above
• A copy of your child’s immunization records-State law requires each student to present a certificate of immunization (Form 121) before the student may attend school. New Learning Resources School District honors this law by requiring every family to provide a completed immunization form before the first day of school.
• Space availability
• Interview and assessment of child’s educational needs by administration
Success in academics depends upon regular and punctual attendance. Every student is expected, except in the case of illness or emergency, to be in attendance on regular school days. Continued enrollment is contingent on satisfactory academic progress, proper conduct and timely payment of tuition.
**New Summit School does not discriminate in the administration of its educational policies, admission policies, or other school-administered programs. NSS is governed by a school advisory board and financially supported by tuition, fees, and contributions. For information on full requirements for admission, please contact our office of admissions.